Saturday, November 13, 2010

Departure Day!

The last few days have been a little hectic. I got really anxious and nauseous for a couple of days but with LOTS of moral support I ended up getting packed and to the airport without any plan-changing crises.

My mom came up to send me off, and today is her birthday! We went out for breakfast and I filled up as much as possible on my last American meal for 5 weeks.

It's been a running joke for the last week or so that every meal is my 'last meal.' I think I've had about 10 of those by now. I don't even think I will miss any food here, I ate so much. Everyone made sure to send me off with lots of gummy bears and worms, though. They know me too well. If I look like I've slept an average of 3 hours a night for the last week in this last picture, that's because it's true.

I'm sitting at the gate waiting for my first flight into JFK. (Almost) all of the anxiety has left and I'm pretty much nothing but excited! I wonder how far this will last into these 24-ish hours of flights.

Assuming that there's no free internet in the Brussels airport, I'll try posting within the next few days from Uganda (finally!)



Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment