Wednesday, December 8, 2010

my luxury day

I decided that I deserved a break after playing costume manager for Saturday’s concert. I couldn’t think of any better way to have a day to myself than at the pool of Lake Victoria Hotel, where Freda and I had had sodas the weekend before. But this time I was actually going to swim in it.
A day of swimming was 10,000 Ugandan shillings - less than 5 USD. It cost twice what it costs in Kampala and I would have gladly paid much more. I was really angry for forgetting to bring my camera this day. Pictures from the hotel web site will have to suffice.
I evened out my African farmer’s tan and swam a lot- the pool was spotless. I ate a chicken club sandwich and chips and followed it with a pineapple ‘malt beverage’ that I thought was a beer but actually wasn’t. The excessive carbonation hurt my stomach but I couldn’t stop drinking it. Anyway it was basically a perfect day. It was even worth the 4+ hours of transport in smelly taxis/buses. And considering it was the first trip out I have taken all on my own, I think it went pretty smoothly. As I suspected might happen, I think I’m getting used to the city right before my time here winds down. But for now I’m going to make the most of every day I’ve got left.
Welaba,
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment